I’ve recently returned from South Africa, a truly incredible country. The mountains and coastline in the south offer one amazing view after another. The sheer number of and proximity to wildlife on safari at Kruger National Park created one of the most amazing travel experiences in my life. And Johannesburg is a fascinating city offering a raw, real perspective of a country that has been through a lot and continues to move forward.
Some of my favorite experiences included:
- Visiting the African penguin colony at Boulders Beach in Cape Town
- Walking along the cliffs at the Cape of Good Hope
- Stumbling upon Hermanus, the charming whale town along the coast
- Getting up close and personal with ostriches in Oudtshoorn
- Watching a pride of lions devour a kudu on safari
- Learning about the fascinating history of South Africa on a six-hour walking tour of Johannesburg
Below is a short slideshow of the highlights from the country. Lots more (including lots of video) to come!